Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 seconds of wonderful

Hello world! Well I've attempted this for awhile now but other blog sites seem to overwhelm me so I am up and running now on a much simpler site! Yay!

This blog is somewhat a mish-mash of what I'm passionate about because there are so many things. But the title of my blog "30 seconds of wonderful" is a quote from one of my favorite movies Steel Magnolias. Julia Roberts character, Shelby is fighting with her mother about wanting to put her health at risk in order to have a baby. And she exclaims to her mother, "I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothin special!" This always stood out to me, resonating deep inside me because this is the core of who I am and how I am created. Sometimes it's a major strength, other times it is a horrible weakness. Either way though, it is me. I am passionate, and when I am not I either find a way to get the passion back or abandon ship. (this does not apply to marriage though for me. More on that later)

They say it takes 10 years of doing something to become an expert (or three books on the topic) So in this blog you will find out the areas I wish to become an expert in and I am on
my way! To list a few: marriage, parenting, performing, crafting, organization and design!!
Just a few you know!

I have been married to my loving, hilarious, creative, talented and enormously gorgeous husband Joel for 7 years (well 7 in May). We have two beautiful children. A son Caleb who is 3 1/2. He is mr. Baseball, talented and funny. He loves breakdancing and smacking balls out of
the park. He is also gorgeous like his daddy! Our daughter is 15 months and is a beautiful, tiny little doll! Her name is Ella and she is such a love. She is spicy and independent. She loves to snuggle and dance! We are pretty boring and cheesy in the sense that we love each other tons and sometimes our struggle is not finding time to be together but instead, tearing ourselves away from each other. What a blessing!

Things are not always smooth though so I love to fill myself with knowledge about how to make
it better. You should see my nightstand. I should post a picture of it cause it cracks me up every night as I get into bed. I have about 9 books consistently stacked up all being slowly read at the same time. Everything is so intriguing that I can't stand the thought of having to wait till one is done to start the next. So my compromise is that I get to read them all at once but it happens slowly.

I love encouraging, and empowing others so if you have questions or comments please feel free. I'm no professional, but like everyone I've been through my fair share of trials and have chosen to learn and make a better life for myself. I love learning so if you have a question I can't answer on my own maybe we can learn together! But sometimes when we take the road less traveled. The road to redemption, we need the "atta boys" the "way to go" and even sometimes the "hustle hustle". Its good to have a travel buddy. So please, I would consider it an honor to listen, to encourage, and to pray for you.

Thanks for reading and coming on this exciting new journey with me!

5 comments:

  1. Good Post! Listening to the vlog right now while I write this. My wife is going to start a blog, to put her craftiness on. (right now there are a few posts by her on my blog http://www.JonofallTrades.blogspot.com) She is just struggling with coming up with a name!

    Good luck and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Anna! I am excited to read your blog :) Here's a good book on marriage (my favorite so far) if you are interested!: Just How Married Do You Want to Be, by Jim and Sarah Sumner. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about this :) i have a barebones blog on here too...but i've been neglecting it...looking forward to reading more of your posts! your a great writer! :) much love, april (crazymommylife)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Anna this is great I love it keep going. See I told you u had a blog in cyber space and no it is not fb this is real. Hope you have fun with it.

    Lorig

    ReplyDelete